This article comes from Seventeen.
12 Easy Valentine’s Day Hairstyles For Any Type of Date
From a soft, wispy updo to gorgeous braids, here are 12 hairstyles to go with whatever you have planned for Valentine’s Day.
1. Trendy Clips
The beauty of the hair clip trend is that one little accessory can immediately amp up your whole look. Make your V-Day look extra festive with some heart clips or pink barrettes. Or, just grab a pair of sparkly bobby pins to hold your strands back.
2. French Roll Updo
It doesn’t get more romantic than a wispy updo. A modern twist on classic french roll, this elegant look would pair well with soft makeup.
Here’s how to get the look:
- Add texture to your locks with hair spray and if you prefer, a quick curling wand action.
- Gather all of your hair on the right side of your head and pin your hair in place.
- Create a small bun with your ends.
- Once secure, tightly roll in your hair inwards until you reach your head.
- Pin down and tuck in any loose ends!
3. Twisted Updo
For naturally curly girls, this twisted updo is such a fun yet easy way to jazz up your look for Valentine’s Day.
Here’s how to achieve it:
- Section off where you’re going to twist the back of your hair.
- Start flat twisting up at the bottom of your hair, and twist out all of the side and back of your hair into sections.
- Use flexi rods to rod the front section of your hair.
- After letting your hair dry, take down the rods and separate to add volume to the updo.
- Add bobby pins to secure twists in place.
4. Textured High Pony
If you’re third day hair happens to fall on the ~romantic~ holiday, this quick textured pony is the answer to your problems.
- Texture is key. If you don’t already have texture in your hair, spray in dry shampoo and add waves for extra volume.
- Pull your strands back into a high ponytail and tightly secure with a hair tie.
- Tease the front part of your pony and pull it forward.
5. Waterfall Braid
Braiding is one of the simplest ways to add glam to a look, and this modified fFrench braid won’t disappoint.
- Section off a small portion of hair on one side, and split the section into three equal parts.
- French braid the section for about an inch and a half, and grab a new piece of hair from behind that section.
- Continue until you reach the back of your head, and bobby pin the sections into place.
- Repeat the steps on the other side.
Click here to continue reading this article.